that one time my boyfriend went to a book event for me.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

My boyfriend (who is a photographer - follow him on Instagram!) and I have been together for a while, but in the past few years, we've been in a temporary long distance relationship. While it is not exactly an ideal situation and can be pretty challenging, it also has its perks. We get to explore two of the best cities in the U.S. in my opinion - San Francisco where I'm at and Seattle where he is.

This past Saturday, it just so happened that the author, Kristin Hannah, of my favorite book so far this year, was having a book event in the city that my boyfriend lives in, 800 miles from me. Since he knows how much I loved her new book, The Nightingale, because of how long I talked to him about it and as I have stated in my review yesterday, he decided to go for me.


He went and waited in line, and when it was finally his turn, he told Kristin Hannah that he was there because I couldn't. He expressed to her how much her book, The Nightingale, has easily become one of my favorite books. He gave her my name and even went on to tell her that I was an aspiring writer. She advised him to pass a message along, to tell me to never give up, even when it seems like giving up is the only option. Then, she went on to sign my copy, with this incredible message.


I loved this book so much, but I love it even more because of what my boyfriend did, going out of his way to go to a book event for me! I don't know what I ever did to deserve this man whom I'm lucky to call my best friend and partner, but I know that I am forever grateful that he truly understands and supports me through all the dreams and goals in  my life. 

Here's to great, personable authors, beautiful signed copies, and the amazing people in our lives that understand our love for reading. 

12 comments:

  1. That is an amazing boyfriend and something you will always cherish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet that your boyfriend went to a bookevent on your behalf! And more so telling the author about your passion for writing and everything!

    Here's wishing you all the best, Jillian! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melody. It was sweet, I didn't expect him to do that.

      Delete
  3. This is so amazing and sweet! What a great guy!

    And I'm so thrilled for you that you have a personalized copy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is every book lover's dream. Long distance is hard, but I do agree it has its perks. I still haven't read the Nightingale yet, but I plan to soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that as long as the distance part in the relationship is only temporary and has an end, things will work out better! And yes, I recommend the book!

      Delete
  5. Your boyfriend is a darling! I love that he went to a book event and stood in long lines for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't know anyone else in my life who would do that!

      Delete
  6. How sweet of him to do this for you! He's definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is extremely special Jillian, what a wonderful message for you from Kristin Hannah also. I love her and definitely will read this one this year.

    ReplyDelete